Meet the Comox Valley’s skincare professionals.
Our team of certified, highly experienced skincare clinicians specialize in delivering, outstanding service and compassionate client care in the Comox Valley. We invite you to come and experience our brand of dermatological care provided by a team with expertise and professionalism.
Meet your skincare professionals:
Dr. Stephen Burgess
Medical Director (MD, DPD, CCFP, B. Sc)
Dr. Stephen Burgess, M.D., is an award-winning physician holding a post-graduate diploma in practical dermatology. His main focus is medical dermatology with minimal chemical intervention — working closely with patients who require skin cancer surveillance and management.
Dr. Burgess began practicing medical dermatology in 2010 and has been treating patients in the Comox Valley since 2011. His medical services are accessible via referral from your family physician or primary care provider.
Dr. Burgess Medical Credentials:
- Certified member of the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Member of the Primary Care Dermatology Society of Canada
- Winner of the University of Western Ontario’s Lilija Janis Strauts Award for Rural Medical Service Achievement
- Clinical instructor at the University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Honours graduate of Cardiff University in Wales, UK, with a post-graduate diploma in practical dermatology
With extensive experience in client relations Connie Testa is a compassionate and authentic aesthetics professional. She understands that each client is unique and takes the time to learn their story, what they hope to achieve with treatment and their personal skincare goals.
Connie understands first hand how transformative and empowering many treatments can be and how they can lift the spirits of those going through challenging times. It is through her work as Medical Aesthetician at Coastal Dermatology that Connie strives to fulfill her genuine desire to help her clients feel good about themselves both inside and out.
Medical Director, Dr. Stephen Burgess describes Connie Testa as having “an immense compassion for any patient she is responsible for, taking them as whole people and understanding their story…”
No referral is required to see Connie.
- Medical Facials & Skincare, Medical Skincare: ZO SKin Health & iS Clinical, Medical Facials, Chemical Peels & HydraFacial MD
- HydraFacial 101
- Medical Laser Technician Program
- Laser Hair Removal Technician Course
- Medical Laser Technician Program
- SkinPen Precision System Training Program
- Canadian Coolsculpting Training
- InMode.CA: Morpheus8, Lumecca, DiolazeXL
Deanna has worked in the medical field for over a decade and has been office manager for Coastal Dermatology and Medical Aesthetics for the past 4 years.
Deanna’s friendly and welcoming demeanor and a compassion, commitment for the support of our patients is a vital aspect of our clients clinic experience.
- 2010 Medical Office/Administration Management Diploma through Sprott Shaw Community College
Medical Office Assistant
Jil has been working in the medical field since 2006 and has been working at Coastal Dermatology for the past year and half. Having lived in Comox Valley since 2011 Jil enjoys exploring the Island with family and friends.
- 2005 Medical and Dental Office Management Program through Discovery College, Campbell River
CONNECT WITH US
Our skincare professionals are here to help you achieve healthy, radiant skin with the confidence to match. (Note: For medical dermatology procedures and consultation, you must be referred by your family physician.)
Phone: (250) 871-2006
Fax: (250) 871-1613
Medical Office Email: email@example.com
Aesthetics Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
105-501 4th Street
Courtenay, British Columbia
Mon: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Tue: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Wed: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Thu: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Fri: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Sundays & Holidays: Closed